[Cialug] Laptops

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu May 4 19:41:30 UTC 2023

On Thu, 4 May 2023, David Champion wrote:

> I immediately installed Ubuntu Studio 22.04, everything just works out ofthe box. I have not installed the fingerprint reader drivers, but from whatI've read that can be done if needed.

Exactly what I did nine years ago with my HP Envy; since then, however, I
have seen serious issues with video cards [with drivers no longer
supporting the HW], and that appears to have happened with my HP.

Actually leaning towards an XPS15, as they are available [used] with the
CPU needed to run one or two VMs.

	TFTR!