[Cialug] Laptops

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Thu May 4 19:18:19 UTC 2023

One of our Area515 members has a System76 laptop, it's nice but you're
paying a premium for them. From what i've seen they start at about $1200
and go up from there.

My Dell 5530 total cost shipped to me was $617, for an i5 16gb RAM 256gb
nvme (which I replaced with 1TB). As far as I can tell, the unit was
completely new, guessing it was returned or a cancelled order.

I immediately installed Ubuntu Studio 22.04, everything just works out of
the box. I have not installed the fingerprint reader drivers, but from what
I've read that can be done if needed.

-dc