[Cialug] Reset MySQL root PW in container

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Aug 9 16:35:20 UTC 2023

On Wed, 9 Aug 2023, Dave Hala wrote:

> Any chance you can spin up a VM with a clean install of Mysql 5.7 and thenrestore the /var/lib/myRestoredDB directory on the VM?
> If that works, then you could do a "mysqldump -Q  myRestoredDB"  to dumpthe database as a text file of sql statements that you could then reloadinto what ever server you'd like.
>  :) Dave

Done that before, .. it's a pain dealing with the huge dump file. if I had
a VM, the normal mysqld_safe would actually work, so that IS an option.

If the MySQL root PW is available, it's drop dead simple to run a
container and then dump only the DB you need; just trying to figure out
how to do it when we don't have the root PW.

	TFTR!