[Cialug] Reset MySQL root PW in container

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Wed Aug 9 16:28:23 UTC 2023

Any chance you can spin up a VM with a clean install of Mysql 5.7 and then
restore the /var/lib/myRestoredDB directory on the VM?

If that works, then you could do a "mysqldump -Q  myRestoredDB"  to dump
the database as a text file of sql statements that you could then reload
into what ever server you'd like.

 :) Dave

On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 11:10 AM L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> Working on a way to recover a database from an old backup (in this case
> MySQL 5.7), .. I can attach the backup files to a 5.7 container, works
> fine.
>
> Unfortunately, cannot dump the old backup as there is no way to reset the
> mySQL root PW - no mysqld_safe in the container (mysqld can't be stopped
> anyway without the container stopping).
>
> Don't suppose anyone has another option?
>
>         TIA!!

NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.
https://www.osis.us