[Cialug] KVMs

Sean Flattery sean.r.flattery at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 15:27:52 UTC 2023

This is the way.

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 06:42:04 -0500
From: kristau <kristau at gmail.com>
To: Central Iowa Linux Users Group <cialug at cialug.org>
Subject: Re: [Cialug] KVMs

What is the limitation which requires console access to manage these
systems? Can you not perform day-by-day management over ssh? You may not
need a KVM at all.

We ditched our server room KVMs a long time ago in favor of a "crash cart."
Most everything can be managed remotely, but on the rare chance
console access is required, we have an old keyboard, monitor, and mouse on
standby.

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night