[Cialug] Account requiem, or longest-held accounts.

bofh at visi.com bofh at visi.com
Mon Mar 1 19:42:01 CST 2010

After two months of warning, today the provider of my
longest-held external shell account officially terminated
their shell service offering and decommissioned the server
at 17:30.  For me, this ended 13 years, 7 months and 10
days of access (almost to the minute).  It's a bittersweet
time, only tempered by the solace of being able to hoist a
cold one with the original sysadmin of the box tomorrow
night after a conference.

So I'd like to pose the question to the group:  how long
did you have your longest-held active account?

Any OS is fair game here--from *NIX to MVS to RSTS to
Windows.