[Cialug] OT: In home video distribution

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Dec 1 09:43:15 CST 2009

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009, Tim Perdue wrote:

> I wondered if any of the other geeks have found a good solution to
> in-home HD Video Distribution.
>
> Having an electrician out to run component jacks everywhere is a
> possibility, but it would be slicker to do something over ethernet.

It might be worth doing some sniffing around your provider - Charter, for
example, is going to 'Switched Digital Video' for all HD channels here in
St. Louis, which will negate the cable card we're now using for HD.

Won't be long before accessing any outside program source will require an
STB. Uverse, for example, already provides distribution-over-ethernet.

	Lee