[Cialug] How to debug media player/window manager interaction

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Tue Jun 26 14:45:51 CDT 2007

Last I knew, xmms was a fairly dead project. I started having problems
with it too - mostly that it would quit playing audio unless I restarted
the sound server.

I've been using Audacious - http://audacious-media-player.org - which
seems to be working quite well. It's very similar to xmms / WinAmp.

There's a project called "beep" or BMP that's apparantly a fork of xmms.
I tried it, but liked Audacious better. There's also a new fork of xmms
called xmms2, haven't tried it.

-dc