[Cialug] virt-manager clone disabled?

Matthew Burket cialug at mburket.com
Tue Feb 6 03:24:26 UTC 2024

I was talking about the VMs using UEFI. There has been a long standing issue with VMs using UEFI and virt-manager that  doesn't allow snapshots to be taken, and to my knowledge has not been resolved yet. How you boot your host shouldn't be an issue.

Another issue might be that if the VM's storage is not using qcow2 snapshots are not supported. See qemu-img(1) for details on converting the disk format if desired.

If this is a new issue with existing VMs you that have taken snapshots of before, I don't have a good answer for you off the top of my head.

Thanks,

Matthew Burket