[Cialug] [ANNOUNCE] Red Hat's Podman @ StLUG ~ Thursday ~ 21

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Sep 20 19:16:39 UTC 2023

2 days! IE Thurs 6:30pm

Red Hat's Podman for Managing Containers

by  *CHRISTOPHER* *BOWLAND,  *SENIOR ARCHITECT, APPLICATION PLATFORM Red Hat

======================================

(Podman is open src. Podman IS installable for no charge from RH.)

#### *Using Podman Desktop to Shorten the Distance Between Local
Containers and Production Deployments*

Containers promised to make production look just like local environments.
  We could finally solve the *"it works on my machine" conundrum.*

But things didn't actually turn out that way.   Local *development*
environments
have become impractical to maintain and lack consistency with production.
  Developers continue to use tools and technologies that keep them at odds
with their production environments.

Podman Desktop simplifies working with containers when targeting
*Kubernetes* platforms.   Learn how the Podman Desktop project is bringing
Kubernetes closer to the actual developer by minimizing the differences
between the developer's desktop and production environments.

*https://stllinux.org/*
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://stllinux.org/&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw2uM7FapJDOGtNsHLFt_7Rb>
The *url* link to this* Zoom *mtng is posted earlier on the day of the mtng
at the above home page.   It is the link called "*linked here*".

refreshed each time you check the web page for the instructions.
-
- We will open the remote session at about *6:00 PM*, so that you can join
early to test sharing your mic, screen & video camera.
-

- The STLLINUX meetings are eight days after the SLUUG General meeting; so,
usually on the third or fourth Thursday of each month from* 6:30 PM to 9:00
PM*.
-
-
Organizer: SLUUG sponsored event