[Cialug] Des Moines Area Colocation?

linux-list at upeke.com linux-list at upeke.com
Wed Oct 18 04:07:18 UTC 2023

The one colo I know of in the area has always seemed a bit overkill for most purposes and also is a bit spendy https://www.infobunker.com/rack_cost.shtml

From: Cialug <cialug-bounces at cialug.org> on behalf of Nicolai <nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org>
Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2023 at 6:09 PM
To: Central Iowa Linux Users Group <cialug at cialug.org>
Subject: Re: [Cialug] Des Moines Area Colocation?
On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 04:05:27PM -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> Can anyone share what the (approximate) going rates at the various data
> centers in the Des Moines area are? I'd potentially be interested in ~1/2
> rack but I expect that will be well outside of my budget.

I love Joe's Datacenter in Kansas City:

https://joesdatacenter.com/products/colocation/

Excellent service and connectivity, very clean and professional
datacenter, best prices I've ever seen. Was with them for maybe 2 or 3
years, not sure. KC in general has affordable colo services - I've also
done business with Wholesale Internet for at least a couple years but
Joe's is my favorite. It's well worth the drive.

Wholesale Internet colocation now links to rack69?

http://rack69.com/1530swift/colocation.php

You may be able to get ideas of other possibilities from looking at
participants in DesMoinesIX and KCIX.

https://www.desmoinesix.net/participants.php

https://kcix.net/participants.php

Nicolai