[Cialug] Des Moines Area Colocation?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Oct 10 22:04:44 UTC 2023

Unfortunately low-end VPSs aren't going to cut it for my needs. I "need"
too much CPU/storage for what I'm doing. The cost for cloud systems
balloons quickly out of what I want to spend. At least with a co-located
server my costs are fixed and in theory I can upgrade capacity as I can
afford to replace older hardware with newer hardware.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 4:41 PM L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Oct 2023, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I suspect that pretty much everything is going to end up being out
> ofmy price range. I was hoping to get my homelab stuff out of my
> basement.Not that I don't appreciate having a bunch of 1000 watt heaters
> running24x7...
> > Jeff
> >
> The other solution would be to watch lowendbox.com and grab some low cost
> VPSs for whatever you need exposed publically.
>
> MUCH lower cost than trying to COLO, .. quad core, 4GB RAM, 100GB SSD,
> unmetered for #9/mo:
>
>         https://cloudfanatic.net/
>
> Enjoy!
>
>         Lee

Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.