[Cialug] Laptops

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon May 1 14:19:55 UTC 2023

On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 10:08 AM Dave Hala <dave at 58ghz.net> wrote:

> I'm exactly the opposite, I've fewer problems with Dell than Lenovo and
> HP.   As far as problems go starting with the least number of problems,
> it's Dell, Lenovo and HP in that order.

I've heard other people say that as well, so there must be something to it.

But for myself, like I said, I've never had a problem with a Lenovo and
haven't heard of any persistent problems that co-workers had. My current
job uses Dell, though, and I had problems from the get go, enough that they
eventually replaced my laptop. Three others on my team have nothing but
problems. Crashes when using Teams, random restarts overnight, halts boot
in UEFI, etc, etc, etc. Thank goodness my replacement doesn't have those
problems.

Of course, part of the problem is likely that IT at this job can't settle
on a single model. Every single one of us has a different model Dell.

--
Todd