[Cialug] Restoring deleted files

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Jun 20 19:38:07 UTC 2023

Encounting a situation where a user wants to restore a project file
[originally saved on a server that is backed up daily and retained for a
year] from 15 months ago (i.e. before the oldest backup).

Trying to come up with a simple and transparent way to restore a file, and
it occurred to me that if we did a git commit of their main filestore
(which is all project based), we could easily keep backups permanently,
with no maintenance except for managing storage.

Might be better if we could discriminate automatically to the project
level (e.g. six subfolders deep)??

	TIA!