[Cialug] X Remote access

Aaron Pilgrim ampilgrim85 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 13:35:43 UTC 2023

I’ve been using xrdp and/or x2go over a tailscale connection. And have had
great success. X2go is my preferred method since it’s supports proper
xwindow access with apps such vscodium and other electron based apps.

Using a lighter window manager such as lightdm or gdm with a lighter with a
lite de like mate or xfce, you’ll get better performance, but my experience
with strip out KDE, has been pretty good.