[Cialug] NVidea

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Sep 9 19:02:33 UTC 2022

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022, Jared Brees wrote:

> Haven't touched SuSE stuff any more than I've had to, but on Ubuntu
> stuff it's just a matter of running the binary.

Hi Jarad,

The card is four ports running extra monitors:

	[Quadro NVS 450]

The noveau drivers apparently no longer include a driver for this card, as
on first boot after update it would show a graphic [black] background and
cursor, but nothing after login.

The NVIDIA search engine indicates this is the build script for the
Quadro NVS 450 Linux64 module:

	NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-340.108.run

BUT that is missing kmap_types.h:

/tmp/selfgz8092/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-340.108/kernel/nv-linux.h:122:10:
fatal error: asm/kmap_types.h: No such file or directory
    #include <asm/kmap_types.h>         /* page table entry lookup          */

Found a newer version:

	NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-390.143.run

that shows fixed that problem, but it does now show [Quadro NVS 450] as a
supported card.

Appreciate any insight, ..

	Thanks!