[Cialug] PCIE for graphics card

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Oct 13 16:14:36 UTC 2022

On Thu, 13 Oct 2022, Scott Yates wrote:

> You might actually need a newer power supply.  On mine, there are pcie
> cables that are labeled for the motherboard, and separate ones that are
> just labeled pcie that go to the video card.  I don't know for sure if that
> is the case for you, but it might be worth looking at.

I just rebuilt this machine last summer with a new i9, .. ggrrrrr <g>!!

At least that makes sense, but I just checked the PSs we have in stock,
none have two PCIe power leads.

Is there any chance of finding a Radeon card that will work with newer
Linux kernels to support 3-4 external monitors?

	Thanks!