[Cialug] Bash or Terminal Output

Adam Hill adam at diginc.us
Wed Jul 25 19:01:57 UTC 2018

 Lived in screen for about 1 year before upgrading to tmux, some people
love byobu <http://www.byobu.co/index.html>too.  I was getting more and
more into customzing screen and stumbled upon more and more tmux setups as
I googled and took the plunge into switching.  I think it's configs and
customization are just better and it's lighter for heavy usages.  I use it
for multiple sessions (e.g. 3 project screens of 3 tabs instead of 9 tabs
on one screen) which tmux handles really well.  More points :
https://www.slideshare.net/chenkaie/tmux-rocks

Since screen is a default app on lots of distros it was very useful to
memorize the screen commands for the times you're in a datacenter or
remoted into a random machine and need to persist a screen or get really
long scrollback recorded for review.