[Cialug] Displays

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Mon May 22 18:12:33 UTC 2017

I'll admit it, I'm a lot out of the hardware game.  The last couple of
days I've been working with a new Surface Pro 3 with a 12.2 display.
I have to admit, this is a really nice piece of hardware. I'm blown
away by the quality of the display.

My question is: What factors make this display look so good?  Is it
the high pixels per inch?  Is it the contrast ratio and brightness or
is it something else?  If I was to going to get a dock for this
Surface I would definitely want to spend some extra $$$ and get a
large display that would rival what the Surface already has.

What kind of specifications would you look for in a large flat panel?

:) Dave