[Cialug] Mediacom DesMoines

chris rheinherren c.rheinherren at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 07:24:41 CST 2017

Yes you can use your own modem on Mediacom services. Just that support wont
guarantee some services or speeds if you use an unapproved modem. As far as
the bsd.org site goes. That dates back to the time Mediacom acquired the ip
ranges of 173.16.0.0/18 which are on some bogon lists. bsd.org is one of
those sites using those older prefixes still for some reason.