[Cialug] Wheezy -> Jessie

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sun Oct 2 09:45:54 CDT 2016

On Sun, 2 Oct 2016, Paul Gray wrote:

> On 10/02/2016 09:06, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> > Upgraded a system last week but it is exhibing some issues, and I can't
> > seem to find the equivalent of 'aptitude verify'. How does one verify the
> > installation?
>
> 'aptitude verify' wouldn't be the solution to "issues."

Not suggesting aptitude verify exactly, rather a process to follow.

> If "apt-get -f install" comes back clean, then the solution to any
> remaining issues would be to address the specific issues.

The issues are crashing, so the question is really now to "verify" somehow
the packages installed.

It may be a moot point - last time I tried an aptitude upgrade (after
aptitude update), it crashed, so I may have to rebuild (and never do a
insitu upgrade again for Debian). SuSE really is a spoiler!

	Thanks!

	Lee