[Cialug] Read Only

Brian Broughton brian at broughtonhome.org
Fri Jan 8 16:25:15 CST 2016

Thats the problem, I have done the lsof | grep /mnt/share and comes back showing 10324 but when I attempt to kill 10324 comes back no process by that ID.

--

Brian Broughton

On Friday, January 8, 2016 16:17 CST, Paul Gray <gray at cs.uni.edu> wrote:

On 01/08/2016 03:16 PM, Brian Broughton wrote:>

> I have an issue with directories being locked, server was running ...

I have no idea what Mediatomb is, but the situation that you describe is

typical.

Log in as root if you're able to. If you only log in as a user, become

root but do not navigate to the directory in question.

As root, find out what services have open filehandles for the device:

lsof | grep /mnt/share

Take note of any process id that shows up and kill them. Run the

command again.

Once you have all processes cleared, issue

umount -f /mnt/share

Then start over with mounting it correctly...

-Paul

Cialug at cialug.org