[Cialug] SciFi Movie Night!

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Aug 4 10:59:56 CDT 2015

Agreed. Really, he needs to be more considerate of those who have not yet
perfected time travel (in both directions).

By the way, on the topic of SciFi: If you remember the 80's you should
check out the book or audio book "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. I
picked up the audio book which is read by Wil Wheaton who really does a
fabulous job (and who also has a cameo in the book, along with Cory
Doctorow).

I just Googled it and it appears Steven Spielburg will be making the movie
version of it soon. While the main storyline of this book I think lends
well to a movie, it will be impossible to capture it all, if for no other
reason than too many licensing hurdles. So read it before the movie comes
out. It is packed full of retro geek humor and nostalgia.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 8:16 AM, jim kraai <jimgkraai at gmail.com> wrote:

> if Dan were to examine this from an external point of view, he'd
> immediately conclude that someone was intentionally excluding a particular
> subset of the LUG with his aggressive scheduling and notice posting
> practices
>
> so, Dan, what's the play?  get a new iPad out of the deal?
>
> #SciFiNightShouldBeForAllOfUs #SociallyUnnimbleEyeballsMatterToo
> #Bl4d3Runn3rRul35 #h45Ht4g5DrooL5
>

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 8:30 AM, kristau <kristau at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry for the short notice. Our Science Fiction Officer, Dan Arthur, is
> > hosting another Sci Fi Movie Night at the Plaza Party Room tomorrow
> evening
> > starting around 7 PM.
> >
> > http://www.cialug.org/?page_id=7&event_id=1048
> >
> > --