[Cialug] Wireless Router Repeatedly Drops Connection

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:37:21 CST 2014

My problem router has remote access turned off, firmware is updated, and
the network is not broadcasting. Makes no difference for the restart
behavior. How would I learn what channel other networks in the area are
using? I suppose there's an Android app for that? Also, is there a way to
reliably block out wifi signals? Tin foil? I was thinking maybe I could
block the side of the router that faces the rest of the building and let it
project/receive only in the direction of my apartment. That might rule out
any interference from anybody else with an aggressive wifi scanner, or at
least cut down on it.

Speaking of routers and spiders in the ceiling, check out these pictures I
took at a local hardware store:

- http://imgbin.org/index.php?page=image&id=21363
- http://imgbin.org/index.php?page=image&id=21364

And another thing... whatever happened to snipping and bottom posting?

--
Todd