[Cialug] Release Management

David Bierce david at bierce.org
Sun Aug 24 19:16:28 CDT 2014

Doing compete continuous integration is really awesome.

Code change causes build to happen.  Build runs unit tests.  Then does a
complete automated install and does integration testing and qa.  Salt, kvm
and pxe boot can get a dev environment running in minutes and automated
testing in tens of minutes.  We have lots of cloudstack around so we might
move it to something more aws/cloudstack api driven but the build system
just needs a little more smarts.

Docker, vagrant, salt, pile of bash, ridiculous Perl script, puppet is less
important than being able to release often test often and role with the
fact change is always happening.

Sent on a smartphone using Android.  Sorry for the brevity and spelling.