[Cialug] Internet access

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Oct 4 09:47:45 CDT 2013

On Fri, 4 Oct 2013, Nathan C. Smith wrote:

> Be sure to factor reliability into the subjective evaluation.  I don't
> know what alternatives you have available but things like cable modem
> Internet, at least in my experience, do not hold a candle to the
> reliability of DSL, even though I will admit cable has improved.
>
> -Nate

On the contrary, what ATT is selling for DSL now (uVerse) is really crap
compared to the original, dedicated DSL, and much worse (and significantly
slower) than current cable modems with DOCSiS3! The ATT service truck is
at the neighbors at least every three months trying to fix their uVerse
service.

	Lee