[Cialug] Noob here, first message to the group!

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Jul 22 10:19:09 CDT 2013

A letter of introduction is definitely allowed.

Welcome to the list! You'll find a lot of people with great experience
here. This list helped ease my first forays into the Linux and Free
software universes back in '96 or '97 or so. Wow. Getting close to 20
years with Linux. I think i tried it for the first time in '95 but
didn't switch to it as my primary OS until '98. ...And now i feel old.

--Dan

On 2013-07-21 at 20:28:14, Aaron Pilgrim wrote:
>*Don't know if this is proper, but here goes*
>
>Hello CIALUG members,
>
>My name is Aaron, and I'm a Linux/*nix/Open Source enthusiast in the
>extreme. I've been interested in and playing with Linux and Open
>Source software ever since I started to use FireFox. I use on a daily
>bases many Open Source applications including FireFox, GIMP,
>Filezilla, VLC and Inkscape on both on Linux and Windows platforms,
>and for the last four years, I've used a Linux Distro in some form
>full time with slight, intermittent spats of Windows rolled in. I
>currently run a full Linux Domain operating on a combination of
>Debian Wheezy and Linux Mint with Bind and Apache. I'm currently a
>student, studying to be a PC technician at NIACC in North Iowa. I
>welcome the opportunity to be a part of this group and learn what
>ever I can about Linux and Open Source.
>
>Thank you all, Aaron.
__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 112, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu