[Cialug] OpenLDAP services/security - Any thoughts or suggestions for a new Admin with Active Directory experience?

aaron ampilgrim85 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 00:52:23 CDT 2013

Hello all,

I'm thinking/looking to deploy OpenLDAP within my domain. It's a small
four-five system's with only me as a user/admin. It's main purpose will
only be for global authentication with perhaps some samba integration
down the road. At the same time, I'm looking to beef up my network's
security. I have experience in deploying Windows Server 2008 ADDS with
samba integration, but I want/need a full Linux/Open Source solution.
Any thoughts on either matter will be greatly appreciated.

- Aaron