[Cialug] Slightly OT: Iowa Internet Uncaucus 2012

Brett Neese brneese at brneese.com
Fri Sep 28 10:30:39 CDT 2012

Hey all!

Next Saturday, Dwolla, reddit, and the DSM
Register<http://blog.dwolla.com/the-iowa-internet-uncaucus-is-not-your-grandfathers-caucus/>are
teaming
up to host
<http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120928/NEWS/309280062/-1/GETPUBLISHED03scripts/Online-community-event-bridge-Iowa-s-future>an
"Iowa Internet Uncaucus" <http://iowainternetuncaucus.org> on the Locust
Street Bridge in Downtown Des Moines. It's going to be an unpartisan event,
livestreamed on the Internet, for regular folks like us to discuss issues
and ideas that matter to them and be hugged if they get too radical or
partisan. I'm still new to the LUG and I don't know you guys very well, but
this is in our backyard, so I'd thought I'd spread the word and hope I
don't get killed for being too OT.

If you would like to speak, great (perhaps about the importance of open
source, free-as-in-speech software?) If you want to attend, awesome. If you
want to help, let me/us know. I know Jordan and the team are totally open
to any crazy ideas because it's an ambitious goal. Heck, if the CIALUG
wanted some kind of official presence, I'd bet we could pull that off. If
not, whatever. In the meantime, feel free to Like the page on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/IowaInternetUncaucus2012>
, follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/iowauncaucus>,  or spread the
word however you'd like!

Thanks so much!

--
Brett Neese
just run.

(apologies if you're getting a similar message multiple times, I'm sending
it off to a few places. :) )