[Cialug] Starting two jobs at once

Eric Junker eric at eric.nu
Tue Nov 27 22:55:52 CST 2012

On 11/27/2012 9:19 PM, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2012, at 6:26 PM, Eric Junker <eric at eric.nu> wrote:
>> Then you would just run "foreman start" and it would start up all
>> programs.
>

> Wow, that looks very powerful and appears to be designed for
> precisely the kind of thing I'm trying to do. Thanks, I will look
> into it. The simplicity of the Makefile is tough to beat but the
> features here are very compelling.

Here is a port of Foreman to shell: http://hecticjeff.net/shoreman/ It
doesn't look much different than the shell code you had but it does
allow you to use the Procfile format. I love how terse shell scripts can
be, shoreman is only ~75 lines of code including comments.

There is also a Python port, https://github.com/nickstenning/honcho

Eric