[Cialug] Complex Adaptive Systems

Josh More jmore at starmind.org
Mon Mar 26 09:00:46 CDT 2012

Yes, Jerry Stutte sent me some info that will help get me kick started on
the project... once I have time to work on the project it should be helpful.

In a nutshell, the issue is that as I dive deeper into security, I am
seeing some fine structure appearing. This isn't surprising, as this tends
to happen in any deep dive into any topic. However, it might mean that
there are some complexity effects within the space that aren't being
considered.  I actually have a talk around what I'm finding out that I'm
presenting at the next LUG and Infragard meeting (yes, I'm coming back to
town to practice my talk).  However, once I've fully delved into the
theoretical, it will be time to begin running modeling sessions.  My hope
is to come up with a simplified CSA for security to test things out. The
trick, I believe, will be keeping the system robust enough to adequately
reflect the world we live in, but simple enough to get useful data out of
it.

If this interests anyone, let me know off list.  I can share my resources
and thinking as I work my way into the project.  Project is probably six
months to a year out though.

-Josh