[Cialug] Cygwin process control

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Fri Feb 24 09:47:07 CST 2012

On 2/23/12 10:19 AM, Morris Dovey wrote:

> It's been a while since I did any digging, but is there still a /proc
> filesystem under Cygwin?

For future reference...

According to what I'm able to find online, /proc/[pid]/cmdline contains
the command line used to launch the process. You can find a fair amount
of process-related info in the /proc/pid hierarchy.

(I wrote a C library function some years back to do the reverse search,
so that programs could query their own name to find out if other
instances (of themselves) were already running.)

There's more info at http://www.petur.eu/blog/?p=320