[Cialug] How do you find when a program is used during init?

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Wed Feb 1 13:13:16 CST 2012

It might be faster to go with the other suggestion of renaming ntpdate,
but if you'd like to learn more about how the system works you can find
all occurrences of ntpdate with something like this:

    $ find /etc -type f -exec grep -Hi ntpdate {} \; 2> /dev/null

I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to find a more efficient way
to do that; the "find ... -exec grep ..." is just the idiom i find most
intuitive.