[Cialug] [CIALUG] Mythbuntu

Michael Standfest michael at standfest.org
Wed Sep 21 17:46:02 CDT 2011

Looking into the backendlog it looks like card id 3 is failing.  For
whatever reason the first tuner on the SiliconHD card is tuner 1.  The
second tuner is card id 3.  And the pchdtv is card id 5.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun#Truncated_Recordings
& http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9247

Apparently, truncated recordings are a known bug on the second tuner
on the SiliconHD when it is found via IP address instead of device id.
 I'm going to try "hdhomerun-config discover" and see what I can
find....

Also, looking at the logs, there are at least a couple hundred entries
for this yesterday:
2011-09-19 19:02:57.638
RingBuf(/var/lib/mythtv/recordings/1171_20110919172900.mpg) Warning:
Taking too long to be allowed to read..
What would that be?  That recording failed or at the very least was
truncated (Big Bang Theory yesterday at 5:30pm).