[Cialug] Streaming USB webcam video

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Nov 23 12:40:18 CST 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Tom Sellers <tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Is Flumotion strickly a Linux based tool?  My camera is connected
> currently to a Windows machine.

In theory you could probably get it to run on Windows since all of the
components it's built upon (Python, Twisted, GStreamer) have Windows
versions, but I doubt that it's tested and probably not that easy to get
running.  I'd recommend putting a Linux image on a USB stick and booting
the machine with the camera connected to it off of that to give Flumotion a
try.  You'll want to use as large a USB stick as you can so that you can
install Flumotion and related files.  Here's some tips to getting it going
with Fedora, others have posted some tips on using Ubuntu recently.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_Live_USB