[Cialug] Mailing List Setup

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Thu Mar 10 15:02:45 CST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 02:20:24PM -0600, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> If you're a member of 3 or 4 different lists than you've probably seen it
> configured both ways. I've heard compelling arguments for both
> configurations. Because of this, we just have to make it a habit of looking
> at the recipient address when we hit the reply button to make sure it's
> going to go where we want. And pray that the time we mess up isn't
> too embarrassing.

Agreed.

BTW, this is another reason mutt is great for mailing lists
(besides being the best Unix mail client in general).  When you hit
reply, the default action is to first set/verify the recipient address.

Built-in PGP/GPG support, threading, seemingly endless configuration
options... it's probably one of my top 10 fav pieces of software.

Nicolai