[Cialug] Cialug Beginnings

Pawel pdarowski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:03:13 CDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I have networking classes on days that Cialug meets so I won't be able to
make it unless my schedule changes next semester. But I'll be beginning my
technical career in early 2012, and Cialug seems like a great place to gain
knowledge and bounce ideas off of people. Linux fascinates me, like it does
all of you. I haven't used Windows at home in over a year.

Since I cannot attend meetings for quite some time, perhaps the IRC channel
would be a good place to start taking advantage of the knowledge that
already exists in this group. My question is: how did some of you start your
careers as Linux professionals? My goal is to use Linux in my professional
life from Day 1.

Any tips, stories, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Pawel Darowski
PDarowski at gmail.com