[Cialug] Media Center...

jrnosee jrnosee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:58:37 CST 2011

Given you want netflix I'd suggest windows 7 home premium (inc. Win media
center.)  Not knowing your optiplex I'm going to wish you luck on finding a
graphics card that will do what you want, but then again I'm used to my work
optiplex with half-height cards so I doubt hdmi would be an option in one
like mine.  For a tuner I HIGHLY recommend an HDHomerun.  Works great with
my cable.  Anyone else tried these with OTA?  I think they're ATSC capable.
Otherwise for windows I have a pinnacle PCTV HD card that works fine.  A
warning though, I never got it to work right with a linux system.