[Cialug] Courier V.everythying modem

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Tue Feb 22 18:48:54 CST 2011

On 2/22/2011 4:08 PM, jrnosee wrote:

> Although at this point
> you'd be hard pressed to find a PC let alone a laptop with an RS-232
> port it seems.

True - but a quick Google search just turned up this USB/RS232 converter
for $5.48 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-RS232-Serial-Adapter-ICUSB232/dp/tags-on-product/B000067SNB

A while back (1983) I wrote some software to allow me to use an Epson
MX-80 9-pin serial dot-matrix printer as a plotter for producing PC
board artwork. I still have the printer and, two weeks ago, discovered
that not only are they still making dot-matrix printers, but that the
ribbons for my ancient printer are still available for less than they
cost in 1983. :)

Morris Dovey