[Cialug] ROS (Robot Operating System)

Dan Hockey icepuck3k at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 09:59:50 CDT 2011

Parallax is working on a wireless module that will allow serial data transfer and remote programing for stamps and anything base on the prop chip.
I think they said it was using an avr chip. They should at least used the prop or the freescale IMX233 the Chumby uses
http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?128414-Parallax-WiFi-Module

Some one did a wireless using xbees with the S2 but he didn't give any details on how when I asked about it.
http://forums.parallax.com/blog.php?46831-W9GFO/page2

ATM the only non-windows software I know of is brads spin tool for linux and mac os.
The only problem with that is Brad hasn't release the source code for BST,only binaries
http://www.fnarfbargle.com/bst.html

And parallax hasn't released any of their code either, something to do with them still using Delphi.