[Cialug] Tasks for learning shell scripting

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Sep 29 11:38:55 CDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Jeff Chapin <chapinjeff at gmail.com> wrote:
> But to many people, CPAN is a pain to work with and install modules.
> While the modules it has are nice, it's added complexity -- and it is
> complexity that does not always fit well with the existing package
> management software

Python and Ruby both also have this problem.

The good news is for Python and Perl there are many great, common,
well tested modules already packaged. Once of the first things I do on
any computer is install libwww stuff.

--
Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin