[Cialug] WebDAV?

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Fri Oct 1 15:40:44 CDT 2010

On 2010-10-01 at 14:59:09, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
>I love webdav for uploading to the web. I use GNOME so have built in
>webdav support. Just add a new network location and choose either
>webdav or secure (https) webdav. It will show up in nautilus as if it
>were a USB thumb drive or a network folder.

Ugh. I just tried nautilus. It covered my real desktop with a root
window with some wallpaper and icons on it, then opened a smaller window
with the nautilus application. I couldn't figure out a nice way to get
rid of the spurious background window, so i force killed it. Which took
nautilus down with it. I guess you have to use Gnome to use nautilus. At
least it didn't seem to mangle any data, just took over the desktop for
awhile. So, no long term harm. But since i don't use Gnome, i probably
need a more traditional application or something that uses FUSE.
__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu