[Cialug] Job Opening - Lead Systems Specialist
MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Nov 17 18:31:27 CST 2010
This job is at Iowa Student Loan, not Alliance. While I do not work at Iowa Student Loan, I know many people who do, and (at least among the Agile practitioners) and it seems like a really good company to work for. I also want to remind people as to previous discussions we've had and to please view these requirements as suggestions, not as being written in stone. The worst thing that happens if you apply is that you don't get the job. If you don't apply, you won't get the job anyway... so if you think you can do it, even if you don't have 100% of the quals, give it a shot.
Systems Application Support professional to perform specialized information technology infrastructure and technical projects/tasks for internal IT production systems, test environments, computer users and development personnel which includes 24 x 7 systems availability and performance monitoring, installation and maintenance of production software on various operating systems within the corporate network and test environments, problem diagnosis and resolution, system configuration, security and performance tuning, and management of source code and production releases.
1. Design and implement integrated system applications to meet business unit and corporate objectives.
2. Conduct business process analyses and needs assessments for assigned projects and tasks.
3. Perform problem diagnostics and solution implementation; lead implementation of solutions to technical issues across multiple teams, environments and platforms.
4. Evaluate software and system upgrades; providing recommendations to IT Systems Supervisor and/or IT Operations Manager.
5. Manage system and application monitoring tools; monitoring software, wellness check scripts, process and procedures.
6. Monitor and report on the system availablity, application performance and related network components.
7. Manage and maintain source code and system releases in production and within the source code repository.
8. Test and maintain the business continunity plans for assigned applications.
9. Perform system application security and performance tuning when appropriate.
10. Provide system application expertise, support, training and guidance to computer users and IT personnel.
11. Support and coordinate IT Operations activities for software development projects.
12. Define and ensure completion of IT Operations requirements for software development projects.
13. Identify, evaluate, and recommend new system application technologies.
14. Define, publish and enforce standards and procedures for software packaging, software distribution, and source code management that meet corporate policies and guidelines for quality and security.
15. Define, install and maintain systems application software and configurations to meet corporate policies and guidelines for quality and security.
16. Design, create and maintain processes to efficiently restore test environments.
17. Report project status and provide departmental progress updates; keep IT Systems Supervisor and IT Operations Manager aware of user issues.
18. Train, mentor and review work of less experienced technical staff.
19. Work outside normal business hours to support 24x7 monitoring activities, Corporation’s objectives and meet assignment deadlines.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. 5 - 8 years work experience in computer systems and systems applications support.
3. Experience in some or all of the following categories:
a. Software Development Lifecycle, Test Driven Development and Best Practices
b. Operations Monitoring On-Call Support and Best Practices
c. Systems Software (Apache, Jboss, Tomcat, IIS)
d. Scripting and Programming Languages ( Perl, VB, Java)
e. Source Code Repositories (SVN, VSS)
f. Server Operating Systems (MS Windows, Linux, VMWare)
g. Relational Database (MS SQL)
h. Programming Experience
i. IP Networking Concepts
j. Internet Concepts, Tools and Techniques
4. Analytical with strong organization skills to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
5. Ability to express ideas clearly and accurately via written and verbal communications.
6. Creative thinking to effectively and efficiently resolve complex problems.
Candidates for this position will be required to agree to a criminal background check.
Interested applicants must submit a resume to Carey Bewyer (cbewyer at studentloan.org) in the Human Resources department by end of day Monday, November 22, 2010.
-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
More information about the Cialug