[Cialug] Super low powered 2+ NIC Router?

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Thu Nov 4 08:33:33 CDT 2010

I'd recommend an Alix board, they work really well.  If you need "more" SuperMicro has some small rack-mounted servers that are really nice for routers.

The Alix boards can run pfSense, IPCop, etc, or a small Linux distro.  They can have 3 Ethernet interfaces and a wireless one.  I get mine here: http://store.netgate.com/.  They have a rackmount case available too.

I've used Soekris boxes, but I think the Alix boards are cheaper and faster.

-Nate