[Cialug] SSH after ubuntu install?

Matt Stanton inflatablesoulmate at brothersofchaos.com
Mon Mar 22 19:02:50 CDT 2010

Also, if you're looking for an open-source and free solution, FreeNX is
fantastic.  NoMachine made the basic working of their software
open-source, and that code is what FreeNX is based on.  It doesn't have
all the bells and whistles that NX does, but most home users probably
don't need those paid features, either.

As far as making sure that SSH is installed, when you're going through
the install, there's a menu of 'roles' that your computer will play.
It's a list of stuff like 'LAMP Server', DNS server, mail server, etc.
OpenSSH Server is among the choices, I believe (it is on the ubuntu
server install, but I believe it's also available when installing the
desktop version).