[Cialug] Old Debian packages

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Jan 25 09:59:22 CST 2010

Nevermind the noise. I did a bit more digging and have discovered the
problem is not Iceweasel. The problem was the "flashplugin-nonfree"
package. There must have been a recent update to that package that
causes Iceweasel to die. <sigh> Now i have to find a replacement. Any
suggestions? There's a "flashplayer-mozilla" package, but it just plain
doesn't work (shows a useless blank space where flash movies should be).
There's also a "swfdec-mozilla" package, but past experiences leads me
to believe it won't work on the majority of flash objects.

--
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu