[Cialug] New hosting solution

Afan Pasalic afan at afan.net
Wed Jan 20 15:29:10 CST 2010

I have an account at hostmonster.com and I had Gallery2 installed on it.
the Gallery had tons of pictures, over 3GB but number of visitors are in
tens a day. The Gallery was accessible for Family, cousins and some
friends. I think it would be ok with your policy.

Though, to add new images I used the Gallery2 feature: FTP images on the
server in temp directory. Then G2 will take them and make an album.
Usually between 50 and 150 images will be processed. Almost every time
after I run the G2 it will block my account for 5-10 minutes because I
used more process then I'm allowed. But, when I talked to tech support
they said if it's ok with me - it's ok with them too to block me. It was
ok with me: better that way then upload image by image. :-)

If I "harass" the processor 2-3 times a month because of G2 - would you
close mu account?

Afan