[Cialug] Fibre Channel HBAs for trade

Matt Stanton inflatablesoulmate at brothersofchaos.com
Sat Feb 6 04:47:38 CST 2010

I have three QLogic fibre channel HBAs that I don't have a use for if
anyone is interested:

2x QLogic QLA2200 PCI-X 1Gbps Copper Fibre Channel card (1x HSSDC connector)
1x QLogic QLA2340 PCI-X 2Gbps Optical Fibre Channel card (1x LC connector)

I found a nice fibre channel SAN on ebay, and the two copper HBAs came
with it.  The optical HBA I found at Dymin Systems in the used parts bin
for $5 and couldn't resist buying it.  Since I don't have any real use
for the SAN with my server, I have no need of the cards (my home PC,
which is what I got the SAN for, doesn't have PCI-X slots, only PCI-e).
I have no real way of guaranteeing that these cards work, though the two
copper HBAs are 'guaranteed no DOA' by the guy I got the SAN from, for
what that's worth... They also were packaged in anti-static bags.  The
optical HBA was just thrown in with a bunch of sound cards and modems in
the parts bin without any sort of static bag, and Dymin sold it on a no
refund, no guarantee basis.

I would trade all three of the cards for 6 standard PC power cables of
any length, 3 power cables for servers in a Y-adapter sort of
configuration, or any combination of the two.  Basically, I just need to
power a powervault 660F, 224F, and 51F, each of which has dual redundant
power supplies.

You could also get them all for the $5.30 that I spent on the optical card.

I'd like to get this worked out by Monday, which is when the PCI-e HBA I
bought should arrive, so I can get this fibre SAN tested out.  Otherwise
I'll have to actually go buy power cables. :(

Any takers?

-- Matt