[Cialug] Google Voice

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 06:02:38 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 4:47 AM, Zachary Kotlarek <zach at kotlarek.com> wrote:
> Anonymity -- My number does not correspond to a real phone line, so it
> tells you nothing about my location, phone service, etc. I also use a
> toll-free number, which keeps me off the vast majority of telemarketing
> lists.

All the features you mention sound great.  I'm sure if I had those
features available to me I would use them to good effect and I'd be
happy with it.

My one big fear, I guess, is changing numbers.  Changing numbers once
to switch to using Google Voice, and then changing numbers at some
point in the future when something makes it so I can't use my Google
Voice number anymore.  Google ends supporting Voice, legislative
action makes them give it up, etc.

I've had my Sprint number for many years, and I expect I could have it
for many years to come if I want it.

Just thinking out loud here.

--
Todd