[Cialug] postfix or exim on Debian?

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Aug 4 12:59:28 CDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Nathan C. Smith <nathan.smith at ipmvs.com>wrote:

> What are the merits of either?  Are either being actively improved?  This
> isn't an Internet-facing situation that I'm asking about.

It used to be that exim was dead easy to configure by just uncommenting
lines in it's plain-text config. It made a great simple mailserver, esp in
local or satelite configurations. I liked using it when I wanted to write a
script to process incoming mail because it was so easy to set up.

Now, when you install postfix, you get an option to set it up during
installation using simple menus and dialogs. For most configs I'd probably
choose postfix as it seems it's becoming the de facto standard.

--
Matthew Nuzum

"Never stop learning" –Robert Nuzum (My dad)